DJI just announced the much rumored and leaked DJI Spark! The Spark is a brand new mini drone from the leader in drones, DJI. The feature packed little package offers a lot of the features found in DJIs larger more expensive drones. The DJI Spark allows you to capture images and video in the moment, as you can control it and capture images with just gesture controls. No phone or remote control required! Let’s dive into the exciting features of the Spark:
(Available in 5 different colors)
DJI Spark Features
- Mechanical Gimbal
- The 2-axis mechanical gimbal in addition to UltraSmooth technology reduces shake and rolling shutter. This allows your images and video to be stable and sharp.
- Powerful Lens
- Images are sharp, vivid due to its f/2.6 wide-angle lens with a 25mm equivalent focal length. The lens also has been designed to reduce color aberration and distortion. The lens features 5 lens elements.
- 1/2.3″ Sensor
- A larger camera sensor than in an iPhone 7 allows you to capture stabilized video at 1080p and stills at 12MP. The large sensor allows for use of larger pixels which improve low light performance and color accuracy.
- The camera also allows you to take automatic panorama photos as well as ShallowFocus pictures. This is a similar feature to the iPhone 7 plus’ Portrait mode where the background of the image gets magically blurred allowing for that professional look.
- The DJI Spark will fly up to 50 km/h (31mph) in sports mode (RC required)
- 2km HD Wi-Fi Video Transmission
- 16 minute max flight time
- 1480 mAh 3S LiPo (Lithium Polymer) intelligent batteries are monitored using 12 protection functions
- FPV flight possible with DJI Goggles
- Sparks Systems include the main camera
- Vision Positioning System (VPS)
- 3D Sens